Reminder: Government Emergency Personal Alarm Scheme
The Senior Alerts Scheme provides grants for personal emergency alarms for older people.
The Scheme was established to encourage community support for vulnerable older people in our communities. It provides funding for a personal monitored alarm, connected to a contact centre to enable older persons of 65 or older and of limited means, to continue to live securely in their homes with confidence, independence and peace of mind.
To apply, you must be aged 65 or over and one of the following:
- have limited means or resources
- living alone
- living alone for significant periods of time during the day
- living with someone who is also eligible
- caring for someone else in your household
- living in an area covered by the registered group administering the grant support
- will benefit from the equipment
- willing to maintain contact with the registered group
How to apply:
You can get an application form and more information from your local residents’ association/ community group by clicking the link below.