Committee's Rep List
Jarlath P. Canney
Secretary & Founder Director of Action Tuam CLG, currently Company secretary A founder Director & Chairperson of the Mall Theatre & Cinema, PPN representative Director on the board of Galway rural Development Co. Ltd., Other Community activities include preservation of Tuam Railway Station Sexton & Curator, St. Mary’s (C of I) Cathedral in Tuam.
Member and Former Treasurer of the Executive of Galway County Community Forum and now chairman of Galway County PPN Secretariat. Current Treasurer of Claregalway Community Development Association and Treasurer of Claregalway Tidy Towns having been pervious chairman of both organisations.
Maria Heneghan holds a BA. and a Masters in Rural Development from NUIG as well as a Post graduate diploma in Socio Economics from UCD
Maria has served as Rural Development Specialist in Teagasc with a specific focus on Rural Tourism
Present Board membership include:
· The Wheel The National Association of Community & Voluntary Organisations, Charities and Social Enterprise
· Green Sod Ireland A land trust that protects land and biodiversity
· Ballyglunin Station Restoration A local community initiative
Past Board membership
· GMIT Governing Body. Board member
· Clare Local Development Co. Evaluation Committee Chairperson
· Western Development Commission. Sub- committee on Rural Development
· Dept Community and Rural Development advisory committee