Update from the Telecoms Industry
Comreg have released a web page with COVID-19 Useful Consumer Information, it has useful information for consumers regarding electronic communications during the current COVID-19 situation.
This is of relevance to the PPN and representative groups providing support to vulnerable groups and individuals.
ComReg welcomes Telecoms Industry Commitments to assist consumers during COVID-19
- To-date, the Commitments have been made by BT Ireland, eir, Pure Telecom, Sky Ireland, Tesco Mobile Ireland, Three Ireland, Virgin Media Ireland and Vodafone. You can read more about the Commitments here.
Irish Text Relay Service (ITRS) during COVID-19 restrictions
- We remind consumers who are deaf or hard of hearing that they can use the Irish Text Relay Service (ITRS) when making and receiving calls during the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. We encourage those who are deaf or hard of hearing or who have difficulty speaking who haven’t used the ITRS service before to try the service. Click here for information on using ITRS during the COVID-19 pandemic or visit www.itrs.ie.
How to get the best out of our mobile phone & stay connected
- With ComReg’s outdoor mobile coverage map, you can find out if the area you’re in has good mobile coverage. Learn about it here.
Consumer Line COVID-19 operations update
- Find out more about our Consumer Line operations at this time.
Remote Top-up Options for Prepay Mobile Consumers
- Explore the many ways you can top-up your own or a loved one’s ‘Pay-as-You-Go’ mobile phone account without the need to leave your home.