COMMUNITY SUPPORT SCHEMES 2021
Applications are invited from Community and Voluntary “not for profit” Groups for funding towards activities and events which benefit local communities throughout the county, and support sustainable economic, community and cultural development.
Guidelines – Community Support Scheme Guidelines 2021
Support Scheme for Economic Development:
· Festivals and Participative Events: the aim of this category is to support non-profit community & voluntary organisations to deliver a diverse range of high-quality, innovative, and ambitious festivals and participative events, with social, cultural, tourism and economic benefits to the county.
· Economic Development Initiatives: the aim of this category is to support non-profit Groups and Business Representative Groups/Chambers of Commerce who are carrying out local initiatives to create new business opportunities or works to enhance the visitor and retail experience.
CSS – Economic Development App Form
Support Scheme for Community Development:
· Community Facilities: the aim of this category is the renovation, refurbishment or upgrading of community facilities involving adapting facilities for universal access, fire safety improvements or energy efficiency upgrades.
· Community Amenities & Tidy Towns Activities: the aim of this category is to enhance the appearance of outdoor amenity areas and public spaces through development works and projects.
· Social Inclusion & Community Safety Measures: the aim of this category is to provide support for community and voluntary groups to increase activities or services in their area to support disadvantaged, vulnerable or socially excluded groups.
CSS – Community Development App Form
Support Scheme for Cultural Development:
· Arts Act Grants: the aim of this category is to provide financial assistance to voluntary arts groups/organisations to carry out an arts activity or project within the community.
· Heritage Grants: the aim of this category is to support voluntary community and heritage groups/organisations to undertake heritage activities, events and projects, which will be of benefit to the community.
· Irish Language Promotional Activities: the aim of this category is to encourage non-profit Groups and Organisations to organize activities, projects, workshops or classes, which will a) increase the knowledge of Irish, b) create opportunities for the use of Irish and c) foster positive attitudes towards its use.
CSS – Cultural Development App Form
Applicants must submit completed Applications Forms and supporting documentation on or before the closing date of 4p.m. on Thursday 25th February 2021 by (a) e-mailing a signed scanned version to [email protected] OR (b) posting it to Community Grants, Economic, Rural and Community Development Department, Galway County Council, Áras an Chontae, Prospect Hill, Galway